Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Home again, home again ,,,,,

Friday June 1, 2012 came early to Box II in Missoula. Ashleigh, Ruby, Jessica and I were to leave that morning for home (Juneau, Alaska)

A couple months ago the girls had purchased tickets to come to Missoula and visit sister Amanda and her family.

I had purchased a ticket to return home with them on the same flight, having arrived in the RV for the same visit.

We were sad to be leaving, but anxious to get home, as well as worried about little Ruby. Two nights previous she had made an emergency room visit and was diagnosed with PSV. She seemed to be feeling better but it was two flights and ,,,,,,,

I showed up at Amandas door at 5 a.m. having already packed and hauled the suitcases through a barbed wire fence and across the field only to find the house dark and the sleepy heads still, well, you know. Not wanting to awaken anyone, afterall I am the one who likes to get there early, I waited on the Porch for awhile until ,,,,,
We "finally" got to the airport, security, and onto the plane. Ruby followed along in the book as the steward went through the safety information.
Talk about back of the plane, I was across the aisle and both the girls and I had our backs against the rear bulkhead. If there had been a rear restroom in that small plane we would have had a short walk.

Seattle and a couple hours waiting time. Ruby is getting tired (or so we think)

We arrive in Juneau, Dan had left Ashleighs car over at her work and she walked over there and got it while Jessica and I got the bags. Dan showed up as well so I rode with him and the girls went home. Then Jessica and I returned to pick up her little package. Seems she had purchased an Italian Greyhound puppy and arranged to have it arrive shortly after we returned. His name is Apollo and he is 9 weeks old.
For his arrival Jessica bought him the bed and I bought him the shirt.


That evening we were saddened to hear that while we were picking up Apollo Ruby had been taken to the Emergency Room with a temperature of 103. She still had PSV but also Pneumonia as well. She was in Pediatric Intensive Care that night so we could do nothing but wait, and pray.


Apollo was a little cutie, and FAST. Not one to take out without the leash at least not until he learned to come when called. At 3.7 pounds he was small, and next to Ashleighs dog Jack (a chihuahua) Jack looked huge. LOL

Ruby wasn't eating nor drinking so her fluid levels were not good. Her oxygen levels were looking better on Saturday when they went to thier own room and we could come visit.


So, in order to help her want to drink and a need for energy we gave her Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. It helped and she sure did like it. Oh man, she likey the chocolate. LOL


On Sunday she was feeling quite a bit better. We were told she may have to stay one more night but late that afternoon was happy to hear she could go home. Dan, Ashleigh, and Jessica got all the stuff packed in record time and everyone slept in their own beds that night.


Monday Jessica and I were invited to a BBQ to celebrate Ruby feeling better, and her return home also to introduce Apollo to Ruby and Jack, oh, and to everyone else.


Ruby Winter, Dan and Ashleigh's own Garden Gnome. At home and feeling good.


Seems that Dan and Ashleigh like to make major announcements via T-shirts. A new addition premiering Dec. 12, 2012. I guess I'll be coming back again in Dec. in fact if it weren't for the fact I need to pick up the RV in Missoula and take it to Arizona for the winter I could stay. LOL

So sometime in July or August I shall head back down to Missoula and pick up Box II and Mini Box. Then head East for some more adventures.

I am quite busy doing Daddy-do lists but also getting a Mobile Home I just re-aquired ready to sell.

I may be a little slow doing updates on the adventures here in Juneau but hang in there I will get them done. Watch facebook for notifications of updates.

No comments: