Saturday, November 2, 2013

oops, forgot the title. LOL

I had to re-spell the word title 3 TIMES LOL !!!!!!
Well, I left the Queen of Renegade Raceway, Denise and her family,  Monday morning (Oct. 30) heading to Arizona.
As you read in my previous post I had issues in Twin Falls from running over something on the highway.
The good part, I was able to spend a week in Twin Fall and explore the snake river.
This view of Shoshone Falls is much more impressive at high flow but is still pretty cool.
 
The Hwy 93 bridge over the snake. This was a popular B.A.S.E. jump off point. Almost daily you could drive up there and watch someone bail off of it. The first time I saw it was a bit of a shock as I didn't know what was up. I just saw a guy jump off of the railing, not until his chute opened was I aware of what was happening.
There is a target alongside the river below they shoot for.
Looking downriver from the bridge.
Evil Knievel's failed attempt to jump across the snake river was here in 1974 aboard the steam powered Skycycle X-2 Rocket. He made it into the Guiness Book of records for breaking over 400 bones in his career.
Leaving Twin Falls and heading south on Hwy 93 was a nice scenic drive through the high desert of Nevada. Another long day of almost 700 miles to Kingman AZ. I did fall behind schedule due to a 1/2 hour wait at a construction site and a 2 hour wait at an accident.
I wont post that photo as it was fatal but did make a point that you don't play chicken with a Semi at 70 mph on a two lane road.
My main objective was to get through Vegas during light traffic. But I did want to cross the Colorado river during the day as they had a new bridge rather than crossing on top of the Hoover Dam. But it was dark thus nothing could be seen.
However the glass bottom observation deck 4,000 feet above the floor of the Grand Canyon is also up there so a short weekend trip to see that as well as the bridge over the Colorado may be in the plans while down here.
I made it to the RV Park in Arizona about 25 miles North of Tucson.
And have had the air conditioner on since arriving.
This place is just like Juneau except for there being as many sun filled cloudless days here as the are cloudy rainy days there. LOL
Oh yeah and it's a desert while Juneau is a Rain Forest. Otherwise just the same.
I MUST post this picture right after a hot dry desert picture.
Sammie swimming while visiting in Juneau.
I can not wrap my head around it. See that white stuff? That's a glacier, otherwise known as ICE.
I remember while living outside of Haines how Ashleigh and Amanda would swim in the ocean. I love Alaska and playing in snow but dang this is just WRONG. LOL
One of the things that makes my visit here enjoyable is being able to Facetime Dan and Ashleigh.
Sometimes I read to the kids from a couple of books I have here, sometimes I get to play with them like here where I was playing Trains with Ruby.
With Mommy's help Ruby made a pretty impressive layout this evening while Imogen slept. I turned my camera towards the inside of the RV. Didn't want to scare anyone LOL
One evening I called on the phone and said Hi to Ruby. I could hear her saying "but I cant see him"
I trimmed myself out of this one. Its so fun to facetime with Imogen. She's getting into it and gets real happy when she sees me and of course this makes me real happy.
Samantha and Taylors Mom, Amanda, just got a mini ipad. I am trying to get her to set it up so I can facetime these two.
20 years ago this month was my last night working at TRP in Tucson.
At that time I was an EMT/Deputy for the small town of Patagonia where we lived.
I took the kids to a race night and they loved it as much as I already did so I offered to volunteer to  work on the ambulance if they would give us all free pit passes and let the girls have free concessions.
So for a couple of seasons I sat in that ambulance in the center field of the track.
When Jessica turned 16 they let her work the track crew which meant she cleaned up after crashes. I actually envied her because I only got to work when there were injuries but she got to get out there all the time.
When we started all three girls would stay in the stands (at least that's where they were supposed to stay) But they were 15, 11,and 7. so it was good.
Like the driver of ol number 5 here there was a 16 year old girl who drove a car that Jessica envied. She wanted to drive but it just wasn't in the budget.
By the time she was 16 and got onto the track crew we knew lots of drivers and their families so leaving Amanda and Ashleigh with families in the stands was ok. I have no doubt that the talks id get about how much they got from concessions included kids in of those families or just in the stands in addition to the girls.
Todays races were fun to watch. Some would say boring because there was only one crumpled hood, three spin outs (one of which was Alison who drove ol number 5. She was towed because it wouldn't restart)
This little cutie kept getting in trouble for not having the ear protectors on her ears. She didn't want to give up her hat but eventually did so they could be moved from waist to ears.
Now her three brothers, well lets just say that saying boys will be boys fir them so well.
 
The sun is setting on another beautiful, stress free, fun day in Southeastern Arizona.
I am looking forward to my return home but am enjoying the warmth, sunshine, and exploring of this desert while I can.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

JER said...


Shelley and I stopped at Shoshone Falls on are way back from Utah after getting married. But the water was a little higher:)