Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hale Family Tree - Philip Bolton Hale 1844 - 1905

I think I have always wanted to do a fmaily tree. I've started many times but never got very far, partly because of lack of information and the difficulty of obtaining it.
Well, I finally bit the bullet so to speak last week and signed into Ancestry.com in order to begin one. Why'd I pay the money to do this? I was going to create my own and link it from my webpage (slegnawons.com) but creating it, designing it, and researching all added up to look a bit intimidating so ,,,,,,, $150 a year later I am on Ancestry.com. If you went there you could search for "Hale Family Tree" or maybe under my user name "brucehale1949" to see it.
In fact i would appreciate it if you did. That way any inaccuracies, addtions, guidance etc. that you had could be given me to add, subtract, correct, or research. Just think last week I knew my Grandparents, I had to ask Jessica who her mothers grandparents were, and still need to ask Skip about her parents. yet tonight I know some of those answers plus who my Great Grandfathers (Philip Bolton Hale) parents were in the late 1700's. Thats pretty cool I think.
I also have information and pictures of other relatives from the past. Imagine this, I found 17 (thats seventeen) family tress linked to or from my Great Grandfather. They connect via his Brothers such as Dell or Adolphus etc. but it's interesting and sort of exciting to find this stuff out.
This is me when I was 1 month old. (back then even boys wore dresses, according to my Mom it was to make changing diapers easier, and they used cloth diapers with pins to hold them). I'm kinda cute huh LOL 

Anyway this isnt about me, tonight it's about my Great Grandfather Philip Boton Hale who was  born in Sevier County AR, April 17, 1843, came to TX with mom and siblings in 1852/3 to Fayette County TX. He first enlisted as a private with Terry's Texas Rangers in late 1861 in lieu of his brother, who was unable to do so, but was discharged in November after only two months of service because of the measles. He then enlisted in Travis County with CO "I" on Apr 3, 1862 as a private. His name appears on a list of men paroled at Columbus TX in June or July 1865. (I like his pistola)







 He then went back to the life of a cowoy and farmer. In 1868 he married Mary Higgins of AL. (1845 - 1927)
They had 10 children, of which my Grandfather was number 5, and lived in Fayette, Falls, McClennan, and finally Waxahachie, Ellis county Texas where
<< thier wedding Picture




 Philip Bolton Hale passed away on March 30, 1905 and is thought to be buried in the city cemetery there.

He was survived by his wife Mary Elizabeth who passed away in Waco Texas in 1927. He was preceeded in death by his Father John M. Hale born 1795 and Mother Mary Archer born 1803. As well as 10 children of which Samuel Houston Hale, was child # 5. Born in 1886 in Texas, serving in WW1 and dieing in 1965 after marrying Golden Jewel Lundsford (1906 - 1994) born in the Indian Territories of Oklahoma.


They had a son whom they named Sam Houston Hale Jr. in 1926,
he went by tha name "Jay". He served in the U.S. Army during WWII.  He married Evelyn Lorene Redfearn and thier oldest son was ,,,,,,, me. You know that little 1 month old cutie up there ^^.

This is my Mom. She lives im Texas aand is a happy 80 years old. Other than my Brother (Randolph J. Middleton) who had his name changed when adopted as a child by our Step-father (William Clarence Middleton) she is the only living survivor of The Hale Family Tree

Well, other than that cutie from above who here is now 4 months old (no dress if you'll notice). As you can see reading above my Grandfather was named after a famous Texas hero (Sam Houston) and my father carried the same middle name to further recognize thier Texas pride. Following that family tradition of giving the oldest son a middle name of a hero they named me Bruce Wayne Hale, and I am the last of my family lineage. This branch of the Hales ends with me as I have only daughters and no sons to carry it on. I did tell them they had to have thier husbands change thier last names for that reason but it didnt seem to catch on. LOL
Well, thats Philip Bolton Hale my Great Grandfather. To see more, or better yet aid in my search for information visit Ancestry.com and look for Hale Family Tree or the username BruceHale1949.

Oh yeah, and please leave a comment it's the only way I know anyone actually looks at this stuff. besides i like reading them.

8 comments:

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

WOW, we have all studied and heard about slavery but the common expression is I never owned any slaves.
Imagine my shock when looking in the early 1700's I see that census and tax forms included Free White People broken into sex and age groups followed by slaves broken into same categories. This one record I was looking at had 4 free white people 3 were feamle and two were young kids. Also 11 slaves 3 of which were females under 10.
WOW, a reality check.It just shows that watching/reading the news you feel a small amount of something but your 1, 2, 100 degrees separated. But when you watch/read/hear news and it's someone you know/knew/ or even heard about that separation is reduced and it has a bigger effect on you.

Ashleigh said...

Your wearing a dress.....hahahahahahahaha....

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

It was in preparation for that play I was in at the Grand Canyon.
LOL

Jessica said...

LMFAO! Ashliegh beat me to the punch line about you wearing the dress! Bummer but, you should also remember Mother's tell their children what they think will make them feel better about a situation! I wonder if Grandma made that up on the fly or thought it up knowing one day you would ask her..............now that is something to ponder!! LMAO! I have to admit that you do look cute in the Dress though! BTW, I think you looked a lot like Jay when you were younger! Love you Pop! Hahahahahaha.......the dress......

Jessica said...

oh yea, about the dress.......what would Batman think?? *shakes head* =)

Unknown said...

My name is Janet Lee Hale Boyd. My Grand Dad was William Archibald Hale. His son, my daddy was Archie Lamb Hale. My dad has a brother who is still living named Chadwick Hale.
Who has 2 Hale Son's John and Noah. I have 2 living Hale Brothers, Jerry Phillip Hale and Clinton Taylor Hale also. So Starting with my Daddy going backwards would be: According to my sister-in-laws research . My Daddy, Archie Lamb Hale, then my grand Dad William Archibald Hale, then William Philip Hale then Philip Bolton Hale. So there are still Hales left in the family. So the Hale line lives on.

Anonymous said...

I am late to this party but thought I'd try. Janet, I remember your Dad Arch. He and my dad, Jack Hudson, were cousins. Jack was the son Mary Lila Hale, the daughter of William Philip Hale, the son of Philip Bolton Hale. I think there are actually quite a few of us still around! Beth Hudson

Anonymous said...

My grandmother's father, John Tolbert Hale, was one of the sons of Philip Bolton Hale. Philip Bolton Hale's wife is buried in Flatonia, Texas.