Monday, September 5, 2011

Sept. 5, Jimmy meets The Marchants

My schedule got moved up a bit today.

Last evening Jerry and Tracey stopped by the rest area I was at so I could say Hi to thier youngest Megan who just got back from visiting in Alaska. That was a nice, but short, visit and welcome home for Megan.

I awoke to a text from Maddie saying her plans for Tuesday changed and as such she'd be unable to hang out so I was free to head North. Go North young man ,,,,

But first I had to head South. Went to a Truck stop about 4 miles south of rest area had breakfast, fueled up, did laundry. Then headed north. I arrived in Olympia and got off the freeway where I thought I was supposed to (exit 105) but ran right into a circle thing with no streets I was looking for so returned to freeway drove 6 miles then called Jack and Sasha and said help. While waiting I looked up directions on Iphone and guess what, exit 105 and the third turn on that traffic circle thing. I found thier house and they were on some really narrow streets and I was driving a big box towing a small box. LOL

Jimmy got to meet some good friends of mine that recently moved here from Juneau.

Meet The Marchants from the left, Oskar, Sasha, Jack and in front is Gibby who is holding Jimmy.

Since there was no place to park they piled into the box and we went to town. Found a market, had ice cream then went to a park where water squirted out of a concrete pad in various patterns.


Jimmy is behind or to the right of the dark haired kid in matching blue shorts and top.
The Washington State Capitol was across the street from the squirting park. It Dome at 248 feet is the 4th tallest and quite imposing from Jack & Sasha's house where you can see it.

In this pic taken from thier 2nd floor window the Dome actually looks more imposing and larger than the picture indicates. It actually made me think of a monster movie where the monster was towering over the trees just past the tree line and ,,,,,

I helped Sasha in the yard a bit as Jack had to go to work, took the nickle tour of thier new place and enjoyed dinner on the front porch. Nice friends with a family that I truly like and it was really nice to see them again. I also learned that her parents will be here briefly on Friday on thier way to Spokane for a wedding. Dang it, I missed seeing them when I went through New Mexico and now another near miss.

I am in another rest area, tomorrow I will head for Carri's to spend a few days visiting with them. It's been over 8 years since I've seen any of them  My brothers wife's niece lives up here with her Navy husband and I had hoped to see them. But Bemerton (Navy ship yard) was to far out of the way so I didnt get there. Imagine my surprise when I learned they actually lived in Everette which is on the highway a few miles away. So if i cant see them while here i will try for lunch or something on my way to Montana.

A short post but your up to date. 8)


1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

looks like you all had fun! Also, its hard to read the white text on the black background, you should give me your password so I can change it or you can! love you