Sunday, March 18, 2012

Homeboys homesick. 8)

And as a special treat he was rewarded with a Juneau Day, weatherwise at least.
It is cold, wet, rainy, and a bit of snow in then thar hills today. Reminds me so much of Juneau I just had to get out in it. Went for a walk before heading to church.
Kids Mom called on the way home just to talk, she was doing her taxes, and I guess she needed a distraction for a bit. Invited her to lunch but she wasn't interested. Guess she'd already eaten her small bird amount of food for the day, so I came home. Was actually going to finish the CB antenna wiring I began yesterday but got distracted and watched a movie and ate some Nutella. (Dang stuff is addicting even on wheat pretzel sticks) My friend Nick called and invited me out there with his girl friend to have dinner. So, Iitaliano Macaroni is on tap for dinner. His cooking is really good but he doesnt like leftovers so since I'm already fat i guess theres no harm in insisting I finish it off. Good thing his girlfriend moved in, that helps in my wieght issue. LOL

The last time I saw Judy (girls Mom) she gave me this camper for my camper. It sits at the edge of my table. I was thinking of modifying it and add front wheels, remove the tongue, and add a windshield but dont want to mess it up. Besides its cute as is.
The other day I went to Walmart to get something important (dont remember, thats how important it was) when i reutrned the guy behind me (Dale) was talking to a guy and pointing at me, so I walked over there and heard Dale say this is Bruce he'll but your last box. turns out the guy was selling meat (or as someone (Mick) pointed out meat'ish stuff). I hate, hate, hate high pressure salesmen. I usually throw up my hands and say fine, whatever, do your thing just leave me alone. Bad choice of words as you can see my freezer is full of Beef and chicken (by products LOL). I'll still be eating this stuff when I get back to Arizona. And when I return i'm not parking anywhere near Dale.


Jessica called the other morning (which was strange since I usually call her) I was worried fearing something was wrong with her or Ashleigh, Ruby, or Dan. After the normal greetings of how are you etc. She said I need a favor (which was doubly strange because i usually need the favor. Besides what can I do down here) As anyone that knows Jessica knows she is obsessed with a game called W.O.W. (I call it War of Withcraft, but she constantly reminds me it is called World of Warcraft). Seems she found out that AM/PM (a local convienance market) was selling novelty cups for WOW. 4 different scenes and she wanted some since they were only available at that store and certainly not in Juneau. So I found one about 20 miles away and headed that way, the plan being when I got there I'd call her and we'd see how many they had and how much they were.She decided she wanted 16 of the each 4 scenes for a total of 64 for which whe had to pay full price as if they were filled with the extra large, gigantic, soda they were meant for. Then she insisted they needed to be mailed right then, priority mail, insured, certified, like they were gold. Of course to her and all her WOW buddies they probably were. Another 20 miles in another direction and there's the box of cups I sent her. I've been obsessed with things and needed it now, now, now, so I understand but then mine were usually cars.
I have a friend from High School here in Tucson and her and I usually get together every couple weeks to hang out. She usually takes me places interesting to help "class me up" LOL
Last Fridays trip was to a miniature museum. (I guess that would be a Museum of Miniatures otherwise it'd sound like I fell down that rabbit hole with Alice) At first I thought ok, at least its air conditioned. But seeing the exibits and the detail was simply amazing. Pictures of that excursion follows. They do not do the exibits justice. These were in a scale of 1:144 or 1:12. and while some of the pictures may look like a room or hallway in real life they are usually only 6 inches tall.
Enjoy !!

Shoeing a donkey.
The top of the ladder was about 18 inches from the base.
All handcarved and the metalwork was all done to scale by hand as well.


A baby store called from Heaven to Seven
The three bears awaken goldilocks

What happened next.



See Ssammie I told you there were Unicorns.

Everything is handcarved, made, and fabricated. Even the shelves and what is on them.

a little reflection from the glass front.

Not a painting but a carving about 6 inches in diameter

A violin of violins

I have about two more weeks then heading Northeast. Philladelphia is first stop where Nick is going to give me a personalized tour. This is his childhood and young adult home so he knows it well and all the spots, besides, he says, with handicap plates you can park anywhere and he has handicap plates LOL
Then he is going to show me New England which will be fun. A pesonal guided tour, who can do better. And with his knowledge and memory it should be very nice.
Till next time.




1 comment:

Dan said...

Now those things took some work. I bet that was a fun little museum.