Saturday, October 5, 2013

Is it sadly excited or excitedly sad? is it 8) or 8( ?

The morning of September 16, 2013 I performed a , by now routine, preparation for a new adventure. I slept poorly, "got up" early, packed, and with a sad heart but a mind full of excitement I got out of Jessica's car and turned to the airport to begin another adventure.

Sad? Well duh, I was leaving family and friends. True I had been home 9 weeks and for the first time my Granddaughter Samantha had come up alone with me for the first 8 or so. We did a lot of fishing, sightseeing, and other adventures then her mother and younger sister came up for a week. Sad, absolutely, but excited because this evening I would be at their house in Missoula Montana for a week. During which we would celebrate Sam's 11th birthday.

The week was fun, the evenings spent at Amanda's house visiting and having dinner. The days getting stuff done I needed to do in preparation for hitting the road.

Two of her friends, Maddie and Ray, rode the bus home from school with Sam and Nick was to meet us at the pool.
 
The pool was at a hotel that I cannot remember the name of. Amanda rent it for 3 hours. It had two of the biggest slides I've seen indoors.
 
 
Taylor even went down the slide all by herself. Yet another first for her on the visit.
 
The kids swam so long I was getting all wrinkely sitting on the side LOL
 
I was sent to get the pizza's while they did gifts and cake.
 
Samantha wouldn't let me take pictures of her eating.
 
So I did anyway
As they say being a Grandparent is a lot more fun than being a parent.
I read that somewhere, I think it was the introduction to the job description summary page.
 
Everyone had a good time.
Then it was home again and back to the routine.
 
I was asked to stay Monday and watch the girls because Amanda and Jason had a meeting that morning. So that weekend the girls spent the nights with me and we did the regular stuff to get the RV ready for me to head for Spokane.
 
Don't ask me why but Samantha and Taylor actually like helping me dump the sewer, get gas, propane, and fresh water.
 
Go figure !!!!!


 
 
 
 

No comments: