Sunday, October 24, 2010

Then and Now ,,,,,,,,

I am sitting here listening to some then and now music from freddy fender to some unknowns that are on the radio these days (unknown to me as Freddy Fender is probrably unknown to you LOL)

Listening to all this nostalgia of course puts me in a nostalgic mood so ,,,,,,,
Here are some then pics ,,,,,,,,
Try to figure out who these
"thens" are

compared to the "nows" pictured below.

Ok, pic # 1 is my Dad "Jay" around the time of WWII. He served in the Army in both the European and Pacific theater of operations. The "now" pic was taken shortly before his death a number of years ago sitting next to my Aunt. Pic # 2 is of Judy who is my last most special significant other 8). She is pictured with her twin sister Debby while they lived in South Carolina as Navy brats. Thier Dad was a submariner and mom was just that, thier mom. The "now" pic is of her sitting on the rim of the Grand Canyon where we had lived back in the early '80's in fact our youngest "Ashleigh" was born there.. and just for the record that young lady is entering her third tri-mester with her first. Pic # 3 is moi standing on the porch with my brother Randy and Dad Jay. The "now" pic is, well it is what it is, what more can I say it was a great day. The pic was taken by Ashleigh as her and her husband Dan and I were headed for an island to have lunch. It was a great day.
One more ,,,,,,,
Lets see if I can get the story straight. This picture was taken in 1844 of my Great x ? Grandfather. He had just came to Texas from the Northeast and met his 16 year old bride-to-be. I dont remember thier names right now but the pic. is cool and if not for them there would be no me, and as such no ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
oh, and if you look at the now pics of Judy and I you can see I was always right when I said I had better taste than her. LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pic. Jay and is mother not ant..
Phillip Bolton Hale & wife Elisabeth Higgens... Randy

Ashleigh said...

Which little boy are you? right or left?

Jessica said...

I took that Picture of Mom at the Grand Canyon back in 2000 when I went to Arizona to visit from Ohio!! So funny seeing your parents when they were younger! All so cute!

Jessica said...

I believe both pictures have our parents on the Left