Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Can you spell ,,,, H U N G R Y !!!!!!

Here it is 3a.m. I am at work and havent eaten since I went to bed at 3p.m. and cant eat before 9a.m. Why, because I have a fasting lad at 9 in the a.m. Having a fasting lab at 9a.m. for someone on my shift is like having one at 8p.m. for you normal folk. A 12 hour fast means I am
H U N G R Y !!!  LOL
My thoughts concentrate on food at this time and since I have been good and dropped almost 40 lbs since July my thoughts should be on other things like

But NOOOOOO it has to be on stuff like Denny's where I love to eat breakfast especially at 3 a.m.. Last time I had Denny's was in July while visiting Missoula. The kids Mom, I, and Sammie had gone there. The waitress was so very nice. Sammie cant have milk but wanted Hot Cocoa so bad the lady went out of her way to make her one using soy milk.
of course another thought is the ever popular Burger.
<< Though this one looks delicious I couldn't even take a bite so may settle for a shorter one. >>
But at 105 pounds it probrably isnt a good idea either.
Dont you hate it when you cant eat. Not an I'm not hungry situation but CANT EAT. Kind of like when the plumber comes in and says I am turning the water off in 10 min. You ask the kids anyone need a drink or to go potty they're turning the water off in 10 so now is the time. 11 min later the water is off and EVERY kid in the house is thirsty, needs to go potty, (I had all girls so the backyard wasnt an option) or suddenly needed a shower. LOL
Well, the burger idea isn't working because the thoughts are bigger than the tummy. So, my thoughts while still on food moved closer to home>>
What do you mean I want some. This is ALL mine. I'll make you some next time and any good B-B-Q must be followed by a proper desert later sitting around shooting the bull. What do you mean if I dont share I'll be shooting the bull alone and probrably still hungry? Ok, ok dont bust a gasket I'll share but this desert is ALL MINE.

You cannot get a good Banana Spilt in Juneau Alaska. I have tried, you get stuff called banana splits but they are in bowls, not boats, they dont have ALL the flavors of ice cream and or toppings. Bummer because I DO like them. The last time I remember having a good one was years and years ago while working at the Border Station in Nogales Arizona. I had a friend/neighbor named Donna. I called her Donna-do because she was so tiny but with a huge attitude she could do anything even at 4'11" and maybe 95 lbs. We would switch off on riding to work as it was 20 miles one way from Patagonia where I lived to Nogales. She worked at Taco Bell and as such we would meet next door at Dairy Queen since she got off 15 - 30 min. after me. Whoever rode bought and every day it was a banana spilt. Now Dairy Queen knew how to make a banana spilt, and a milk shake as well.
A funny story re, Taco Bell. You must realize that we lived on the Mexican Border and to get Mexican food was pretty easy to say the least. Well the kids Mom LOVES Mexican food and this one year she decided to come visit the girls during spring break. So, lunch time is coming and she asks the girls hey you guys want to go have lunch with your Dad and surprise him. A chorus of yeah's followed and a 20 mile drive to the Border Station in town where they all picked me up and we went to her favorite mexican restaurant, Los Amigos. The kids liked it because it had a train that ran around the top of the walls blowing smoke and sounding the whistle. Judy and i liked it because it was good food at good prices.  We all had a good lunch and they went back home.
The following day Judy came to visit the girls again and again asked if they wanted to surprise Dad for lunch, they yelled Y E S !!!!! When the arrived at the border station and I came out and got in the car. Judy asked where I wanted to go (as if I had a choice, c'mon we had been married my choices ended the day before the wedding LOL) A small voice from the backseat asked can we have real mexican food this time. We turned to Ashleigh and said sure baby where would you like to go to get real mexican food and she said

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did writing this story help your hunger or make it even worse then it was in the first place? Especially adding all the pictures. Your funny Dad. Love you

Dan said...

Now I'm Hungry.

Jessica said...

Yea, REAL Mexican Food! I love Taco Bell and agree with Ashleigh!