Sunday, November 21, 2010

Today, was a nice day 8)

Since I work midnight to eight I get messed up on my days ,,,,,,, a lot. LOL  So, when I say that today, Saturday, was a nice day. While I'm fairly sure it was Saturday I am quite sure it was a nice day. Sunny with a very few clouds, a brisk 19'ish on the drive home, and enough sunshine to hurt the eyes. LOL

Now, some people I know (like the kids Mom Judy would be saying something like 19 degrees thats not a nice day!!) But it was dry, sunny, and ,,,,,,, nice.


A while back Dan, Myself, and a mutual friend Jeremy pulled the engine out of Dan's '87 Toyota pickup because it had thrown a rod. (you can read about it in a previous post on this bloggy thing as well as on Ashleigh's (Ewing) blog. After pulling it we dis-assembled it to rebuild it. I spent some time cleaning the engine and parts with diesel to remove the grease etc. so they were all nice and shiney.

After determining the cost of a crank kit, gaskets, a rod, a piston, etc. it was determined that a new engine wasnt that much more so a new engine was ordered from Oregon. The price wasn't so bad even with shipping and core charge. Shipping took 1 day (they e-mailed me wednesday night and it was here thursday afternoon, pretty cool) The core charge was $350 but to ship it back was $250 so that wasnt worth it thus no claim for the core charge.

My daughter Jessica and I went to get the thing on Thursday and I sent an e-mail out about the need to get together to install it soon. So, today on the way home I figured I needed to move and rearrange some stuff in order to accomadate Dan's pickup, and an assembly area for the new engine etc. But the Harley got thrown into the mix as well as other stuff.

Where before the weather was warm and the garage mostly empty now things were different. The vette was put away for the winter and was thus in the adjoining stall, and the Harley had been sold to a guy in Skagway who was coming to get it next week.

So, I needed the bike accessible to load onto his truck, the tractor was parked where the truck would need to go and the truck where the tractor normally sits etc. so you see the issue. Plus the engine was still sitting on the pallet on the floor behind the tractor.

(That's a younger Sammie helping plow her Moms drive. I had wrapped her plastic wheels with rubber bicycle tires and screwed them to the plastic wheels with large headed screws so she had traction and was studded. Now it would actually get stuck not just spin on the surface. LOL)

Basically I was puttering around. Got the engine up on the stand and was getting it ready to put the oil pan, water pump, manifolds etc. in preparation to re-install into Dan's truck when Jessica showed up. How convienant was that, and she was so happy that I put her to work helping move the tractor, pull the Harley out, tow the truck around and put it inside etc..

Then I called Dan & Ashleigh informing them that we were all going to lunch and since Ashleigh is preggo and REALLY PICKY these days LOL I let her choose where. She chose the hanger and so Jessica, I, and Dan & Ash went for lunch at the hanger. Now generally I am not a hanger fan and it has nothing to do with the quality of food. In fact today i had an amazing chili and fries covered with cheese. (Was going to dump them together and make chili fries but they were so darn good separately I just enjoyed them that way). And a new draft rootbeer that was also good. Dan had some orange noodely looking stuff he said was good, Ash had something wrapped inside a red tortilla she liked and Jess had a slab of orangey something between two buns. I had some amazing chili.

But, as I said my problem with the hanger isnt the quality nor quantity of food. My problem is ,,,,,,


well, lets just say that after I insisted on paying Ashleigh said ok, dont even look at the ticket just sign it. In fact I'll sign it so you dont have to see it. Think you have my issue figured out? I dont think so.

When the receipt thing came she covered the bottom and said how much tip you want to leave. Then she said we have all told you that those amounts on the bottom are suggested amounts for tips not what your required to leave. The restuarant is not telling you that you have to leave a certain amount. Blah blah blah LOL


You see my issue is that I resent them telling me what to leave as a tip based on my balance. I actually exceed what they "suggest" but resent being told what to leave.

Anyway, I digress, after a great lunch we all headed back home. I had to go to work at midnight so sleep was beckoning. We still need to set a day to start on engine and I need to order pizza and wings for that day (tomorrow sounds good to me) remembering last time when I ordered two orders of wings and Ashleigh ate them ALL. She will claim to have eaten only 3/4 of them but she ate them ALL. I think she let me have one when I got back with the rootbeer so in all honesty she only ate 15/16ths of them not ALL. LOL  This time i'm ordering 4 orders and will be there when delivered not out getting rootbeer.

<<<<< see there she is eating WINGS,,,,,,,, oops there she is drinking water after she ate 15/16ths of the WINGS. LOL
So, the end of another gorgeously brisk and sunny day. Now it's 3 a.m. and all I can think of is

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Dan ate some of the wings too.
Also, they are NOT telling you what you NEED to leave as far as a tip. They are giving you two percentages so if you are the type of person who leave a tip dependent on the percentage, not the service (which most people do) then you have an idea and they take the work out of it for you.
ALSO, the employee is not the person who put it on there, so to take it out on them and give them attitude is not the way to go about it. That would be like someone yelling at me because Heritage has black cups.
Love you!