Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 2 in Phlomath OR, or Jimmy's Day

Well, we found out that the Box will be in the shop next Wednesday and so we will be here at least a week.

So Jimmy being the cool, reponsible Elf of this party found himself a part time job. I'm proud of him afterall there's not a lot of jobs for someone who is only 18" tall and made of plaster of paris. But he did and today was his first day at work. He is SOOOO excited.

So I took him to the Cozy Cafe on main street here in Philomath where he had French Toast, hashbrowns, sausage and milk. Then for something to tide him over til lunch he had 3 eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, a biscuit and ice water. I paid since he only has Elf money and they dont take that around here.

After breakfast we followed the directions written on a piece of tree bark by his new boss Zack. Down a dirt trail, deep into the woods, we walked and walked. Zack said the place was secret because they didnt want to be disturbed and the product they made was really, really, really special thus the long twisted walk.

We crossed a footbridge as you can see here, we walked more and I understood why Zack told him to eat 2 breakfasts, I only wish I had, and besides I had to walk back out. But the walk was gorgeous, the sun was shining, it wasnt to hot, the moss on trees looked cool, the squirrels, and a fox, (pretty girl, ha ha you thought ,,,, LOL) actually there were more people than I expected.
We crossed this creek and I was told it was the local swimming hole thus the crowds, I was concerned about the secrecy of the location with all the people walking and swimming.
Then we crossed this bridge and was back walking along the highway. It wasnt as pretty but I have to say the walk was easier so we walked, and walked and walked, some more.

Eventually, we turned a corner and ,,,,,,,, 
I said Jimmy???? He shrugged and walked over to the elf standing beside the limo with a sign that said JIMMY !!!!

So, we got in the limo, I was introduced to Zack who it turns out, is the Foreman of the Fudge Room at Keeblers Cookie Factory and being Elves and all they were just having fun. Thier factory was actually very close to the courthouse in the town square, everyone knew it was there and the city loved them one and all.
So, we arrived at the entrance to the Kebler Cookie Factory where we were told that Jimmy would be Leonardo's assistant and clean the brushes that Leonardo used to paint the perfectly straight stripes on all the Keebler Fudge Striped Cookies. Jimmy says it is a very tasty job. And, no, he would not need lunch. We're hoping he gets paid in Fudge.

Jimmy's at work, but he just texted me the joke of the day told to him by Zack, the Fudge Shop Foreman. Q: "How many Elves does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: If we had lightbulbs we wouldn't live in a hollowed out tree" LOL, LOL, LOL

So after a long, hard day of cleaning brushes filled with Fudge Jimmy is home. He is tired, and covered in Fudge. 8). Oh, and Leonardo showed him how to make me a gift of Fudge. Since my Family knows me as Bruce the Moose ,,,,,,,,,,




2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

HAHAHAHAHA, nice!

Jessica said...

Perhaps it is time to seek some professional mental health services.....just sayin' LOL, Just kidding Pop! Cute story!