Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 5 in Philomath Oregon, or laundry day.

I awoke to a beautiful, 54 degree morning. It was so pleasantly cool that I slept with the a/c off which made it even better.

I was looking forward to a nice walk in the cool morning air but when I arose and stepped on my foot, I was reminded of how painful the last two miles of yesterdays walk hurt so mucho baddo. LOL

I had looked for a church to walk to but that didn't work partly due to feet issue but mainly due to 20+ miles distance so what to do?

Seems, according to the kids Mom Judy, I have neuromas on my feet. ewww, uggg, disgusting you, and I, thought when you read it. Like a fungus or some other dasterdly contagious thing. Actually it is a swelling inside the nerve endings usually happening in the feet and usually at the ball though occasionally the heel. The nerve endings swell from compression of the nerves.

Ball of foot, compression, walking, fat guy, you figure it out. LOL So I went for a shorter walk doing so avoiding the balls of my feet and walking on my heels. Now THAT looked funny but it worked.

When I got back I realized that maybe it's getting time to go ahead and "do-it" re my wanting a bicycle. So, i'll be looking. Decided to go do laundry which I havent done since Arizona, Jerry also needed some paint picked up for his painting project so I borrowed thier car and went to get paint and find a laundry.

Got paint, found laundry. Laundry was nice and clean, but no restrooms and the vending machines weren't cutting it. I had yet to eat so went looking for breakfast. No resturants, or fast food just an Albertsons.

Now, I posted this on Facebook and some aren't convinced I had a good/typical breakfast so I will diagram it a bit here so follow along and you be the judge.

2 thighs = 2 eggs , both chicken
Jo Jos'  = Hashbrowns, both potatoes
Polish sausage on a stick = sausage no stick
 Pepsi  = Coffee, both caffiene
So in a round about way I had 2 eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, coffee. A typical breakfast. 8)

I've been thinking what the next leg of my trip should be. As you know my plans change multiple times before implementation, so this is the plan of the moment, subject to considerations.

On Wednesday August 31 the big box is scheduled for a new alternator and exhaust issues to be dealt with in the shop. (The little box will probrably wait til later due to expenses etc) So,

1) Wednesday, repairs to Big Box
2) Thursday, hang out with Tracey and Jerry last day.
3) Load up, hook up, and pack up. Tracey goes to work at 2pm so probrably follow her there. She works at the Chevron where I will get gas and they have a dump station. (maybe I can con her into not charging me the $5 to dump LOL)
4) Head west to the beaches. Hwy 34 or 20. Leaning towards 20 to Newport.
5) Couple days traveling North along those beaches on Hwy 101
6) Head east to Portland contact Maddison see if lunch or dinner, or coffee is an option.
7) Head North to Olympia to see Sasha, Jack and family for some more coffee or ??
8) maybe Bremerton to see Lea Purvis and meet Hubby. Time will decide this one since I have to be in Missoula 9/16
9) Marysville to see Carri, Nathan and family.
10) Missoula see Amanda, Jason, and family

So, depending on time/money thats the plan subject to change at a moments notice while driving down the road. I am truly liking the briskness of the mornings but it brings up one important factor. Winter arrives in the high country before the lower elevations and there is a lot of high country regardless of the route I take. I've driven in wintery weather a lot but do not relish the thought of Big Box,  towing little box, down an ice covered highway or over a mountain pass. The mountains are on all routes east, north, and south from here and the mis-west likes ice soon. So,,,,, my quandry. I know Randy's slab awaits me whenever I return to the land of the baking sun but I have concerns re; timing.

The trip is going well, the repairs are partly my own fault. While fueling up in Tucson to leave I was leaving the station at an appropriate angle for the downslope to the road when someone in a hurry caused my to need to swerve to avoid delaying them with an accident report. Result I went off the slope at the wrong angle dragging the Box's rear. It caused an exhaust leak at the manifold and ruined the generator exhaust. I was actually headed North to repair the clutch in the Yeep. So that added a couple more isses to that plate.

On day 2 of trip the alternator quit so I jumped the box off the "house" batteries and drove on through. I need to repalce the alternator so may as well go for a bigger one so it puts out more and I can add accesories such as driving lights etc.

Between repairs, airplane tickets to Alaska, gas, weather, etc. I have a lot of things to consider on this next leg. So, if it changes happen and it affects you I truly do apologize. I really hope to do it all but ,,,,,,  8(

No comments: