Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The 2nd largest state ,,,,

On a small farm outside Winnsboro, Texas, is where my Mom lives.
I have been here about a week doing what I do best. "Chores" LOL
The equipment shed, or it was back when this was a working farm.
I haven't updated the blog because I have been working, yeah that. 8)

I found this coke machine (if you cant read the price it is 15 cents) in the garage.

This mirror display was an interesting find.

as was this original Red Ryder BB gun that still shoots. It was even loaded 8)

My 80 year old Mom decided I had worked hard enough last week cleaning, de-brushing, etc. taht we went to a local swap meet. Ashleigh's husband would have loved it there, I sure did. He loves John Wayne so these next pics are dedicated to him.

John Wayne, lifesize. $50

Movie poster mounted $20

$ 25

$ 20


and last but not least to satisfy Dan's cowboy boot obsession a nice bright yellow one.
Add LOOK magazines from 1960's as well as POST, a lot of history amongst the dust, dirt dobbers nest, and spider webs, but I shall dig it all out. Found out Jimmy doesnt like dust, nor dirt dobbers.

Jimmy and I are having a good time but as I said we are taking of delayed (10 + years) maintenance issues. A lot of cleaning, throwing away stuff that has accumalated but was neer discarded because I may need it some day, or it belonged to ,,,,, years ago. I told my mom that sometimes it best to have an unattached person come clean because they can do it without all the baggage so to speak.

The Jeep is in the shop and hopefully I can afford to fix it before I move on to Arizona.
This is short but but very late. The only reason is heat, work, heat, work, and simply tired when I decide to stop.


2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Cool!

Unknown said...

Happy to hear from you and enjoyed the update. Glad to hear you are doing well. Not sure why Jimmy is a pending FAMILY MEMBER BUT! :( I AM HAPPY THOUGH THAT YOU HAVE not DEFRIENDED ME. Oooops, no I am not yelling, I accidently hit the caps lock key and I am too lazy to retype. Take care and relax a little and always enjoy yourself. Please tell Jimmy hi for me!! Debbie :)