Monday, October 3, 2011

County in County, County.

Here I sit in Wisconsin only 30 or so miles shy of my destination on this leg of my journey. Jimmy and I are headed for Cuba City Wisconsin to see some old friends, Verdon and Linda Weber of Weber Starcruiser Hovercraft fame. I originally met them when I purchased my first hovercraft which was a Starcruiser. # 89 I do believe. Over the years we talked about hovercraft, Starcruisers,, advice, etc. In fact right after I got mine home they came to Skagway on a cruise and I went over and picked them up, brought them to Haines and had a great day flying my hovercraft around. I learned a lot about how to properly do so from the expert, really shortened my learning curve.

I just spent a week in Leola South Dakota where I originally picked up my Starcruiser. I had purchased it in Texas and a friend had brought it up to Leola where i went to get it and bring it back to Haines. I sleep here tonight because it is a rest area and I can go find thier place in the daylight. They live on a farm outside of the small town. (The truck next to me is delivering seed corn to Cuba City in the morning LOL)

When I entered Iowa from Minnisota I entered a County called County and the County seat was a town named County. So, County in is County, County. LOL (I thought it was wierd anyway)

I passed the Amature Basebal Hall of Fame in South Dakota but was to early (by 5 hours) to see it. But it was cool none the less.

Like Napoleon I met my Waterloo in the form of a town on hwy 20 in Iowa.

And yes the Big Box did get clipped by a semi. He was making a wide turn into a truck stop and would have hit me in the drivers seat and all the way back since he wasnt slowing to turn, to avoid me, or anything, but I goosed it and turned right, away from him, and he clipped the left rear. A little fiberglass damage that I can repair, nothing else, and no open breaks. Jimmy was buckled in so he was jostled is all. Was certainly being watched over but then I feel this whole journey has been blessed and I have been watched over. By who? well duh !!!!!

It was a very nice drive from Leola, I turned over 8,000 miles on my trip so far, saw A LOT of corn being grown and havested. Nice people, even the two girls who were as shocked as I when they drove by honking  thier horn to get me to look at thier bare chests then to see I was just an old guy. LOL

Excitement every mile 8)

This is short and picture free and I apologize. Jimmy is cutting zzz's and i am going to join him after a shower.

No comments: