Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jimmy Day, afterall 8)

Today was to be a quite day. We (I actually) was getting everything ready to hit the road bright and early tomorrow. I was cleaning, arranging, securing, basically puttering around. Jimmy was very happy today.

Last night he gave me a scare because I could not find him. I looked all over the box and no Jimmy, under the bed no Jimmy, under the sink no Jimmy, under the dash no Jimmy, in the engine compartment no Jimmy, shower, closets, desk, everywhere no Jimmy. I mean I even looked in the toilet (yuk, double yuk) no Jimmy.

I was getting really worried and about to call John the local one and only Police Office to report a lost little Elf. I went out to the Jeep (since the transmission broke it's now my 4 wheel enclosed trailer LOL) to put some stuff in it and get it out of the way. As I walked up to it I saw these twinkly little blue spots duck down really quick so I snuck up on the Jeep and jerked the door open. "What are you doing out here" I gruffly asked Jimmy who was hiding between the seats. He immediately started crying so I softened up and said "sorry little dude I was just so worried I couldn't find you."  After a lengthy talk about the Jeep being broke and it not being his fault  again the ol Jimmy returned and he went to sleep smiling.

So, while I am sitting in the hot RV working Jimmy is out on the grass (where I can see him of course) running, jumping, spinning, and doing pirouette's. (Jimmy loves to pirouette more than anything and he is good) just as I noticed a small black thing in his ear it rang. The little monkey had my bluetooth thing in his ear. He answered the call and it was from out hosts and good friends Jim and Mary Schaffer.

After a brief talk he started giggling and in a sing song voice singing I'm going to Wylie Park, I'm going to Wylie Park, I'm goin ,,,,,,,,,,, He kept dancing and singing and pirouetteing and wouldn't answer me when I asked what the call was so I went back to work. A few min. later the Schaffers pull up and honk and Jimmy is off in a flash. Seems we were both invited to Wylie Park in Aberdeen. They wanted to make sure that Jimmy got to go before he left.

Now in case you dont know, Jimmy was born and came from Storybook Land and little did I know that Storybook Land was actually Wylie Park in Aberdeen South Dakota. In fact the Author of Wizard of Oz Frank Baumand was from Aberdeen. Jimmy was a cousin to Pinochio and though less publisized Geppetto loved Jimmy as much as Pinochio and on Oct. 31, 2005 gave him life.

So, to Aberdeen we go. On the way Jim was telling me about this place that had the best Italian ice twist cone he had ever tasted and as much as he tried to resist it there was a curve going into Aberdeen that through centrifical force made them pull in there everytime they went to town. Sure enough we passed McDonalds and he said hold on, here we go ,,,


and even though the speed was not fast the centrifigal force pulled us right into
The Twist Cone. (They are on facebook under Twist Cone) and we had amazing Strawberry Italion Ice and vanilla soft ice cream twist cones. Yum, yum, Jimmy finished his is a flash.

Here is our hosts Jim and Mary Schaffer and Jimmy as we had into Storybook Land (Jimmy's Home)


Thay have a Railroad but it's already closed for the winter. I litterally took over a hundred pics so will post some but this post will be more pics than typing. We met a lot of Jimmy's friends and will try and leave the first line of thier tale below thier pic. it's up to you to finish it, so put those thinking caps on from when you were a kid and traveled to Storybook Land through your very own imagination.


Jimmy's favorite cousin Pinochio and his dad Geppetto his favorite human, until, wait for it ,,,,,,, he became a little by too.

He loved this book as he was learning to read.

A few of his favorite friends. Tin man, Dorothy, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion and my ex-mother-in-law. LOL Just joking actually the Wicked Witch was a pleasant lady with a complexion problem or so Jimmy says.


Jimmy loved Cinderella and said her stepmother scared him but the sisters were afraid of her too and just did what she wanted.


Pooh Bear, looked for Piglet but couldn't find him. Jimmy says he was probably on a Honey havesting trip

Bambi and the other woodland animals


"Whats up Doc?" or that Wascally Wabbit. We couldn't find Elmer either

Hey diddle diddle ,,,


Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall ,,,,,


Jack and Jill went up the hill ,,,,


Mary had a little lamb ,,,,

Mary, Mary, quite contrary ,,,,


Little Ms. Muffet ,,,


Hickory Dickory Dock,,,,,,


Jack be nimble ,,,


The was an old woman ,,,


Rapunzel, Rapunzel ,,,,



Mother Goose. Jimmy says he loves her like a Mom, she looked out for everyone in Storybook Land.

Jimmy ran into Santa and ya wanna know what he told him? He said he was so happy today that he wanted nothing for Christmas. He wanted to spend the day celebrating the birthday of Jesus like it was supposed to be and thinking how wonderful most people are.


Jimmy said, just like the Mouse who removed the splinter from the Lions paw even though he was frightened more than he had ever been in his life, he was so glad that Geppetto loved him enough to give him life. And even though he'll stay a little boy forever he has met nothing but wonderful people who will do whatever is needed to protect, take care of, or save those that they love. Just like Geppetto, Mother Goose, Pooh Bear, and the others in Storybook Land and now Sleg (his best bud). (aww thanks little elfdude), and those that he has met like the Schaffers in Leola, St. Clairs in Missoula, Freeman's in Marysville, Williams in Philomath, Ewings in Juneau, Hales in Juneau, Hamlin in Tucson, and those he hasn't met yet. he is such a happy little guy today because he got to go home, see family and friends, and we talked about whats to come and who there is still to meet. and he is so excited.

Little Elf Dude is asleep, he was so tired he couldn't even eat the Peanut Butter, Strawberry Jam, Banana, Cheese, and Oreo Cookie sandwich I made him. Sleep tight little buddy because we all love you too.


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  !!!!!!!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

I like that "Little Elf Dude" LOL!

Love Ya Pop!

Linda said...

You put a smile on my face!!
looking forward to meeting you both!

Linda W. said...

Hi Bruce, love your blog thing! Will comment more when you update after leaving Wisconsin. :0)