Saturday, October 1, 2011

Adios Leola, til next time ,,,

Well, I got up this morning and realized that yep, it was time to move on. Like all the times to move on I have mixed feelings. The excitement of hitting the road again and the sadness of leaving a great few days and a wonderful place with old friends, new friends, and those other people. LOL
Jimmy and I have enjoyed our visit here even if only a few days. The Threshing Bee was fun and seeing all the old farm equipment, watching the Threshing crew at work, eating the Kuchen, basically a fun afternoon.

Helping build new greens on the new golf course was fun and very informative. Even though I was asked to supervise I enjoyed it. (Supervise isnt what you think, it meant I didnt have the expertise for what they were doing and I should step back and observe) But I learned a lot about greens that I never even imagined it involved.

Getting rescued on the way to Aberdeen for Jimmy Day was fun and reminded what friends were all about. The people that stopped to help was great but knowing someone was coming was better. Even though the transmission blew up and Jimmy missed a day at Wiley Park it could have been so much worse. Not only did it break alongside a well traveled road, it did so in an area where people still stopped to help strangers, and I had a friend near by more than happy to drive out and rescue Jimmy and I.

I walked all over this town, every street, alley, and sidewalk. I enjoyed every minute of t. Came very close to buying a house yesterday she wants to sell, but not last night. So I am on the first right of refusal list..

Jimmy and I made some new friends, placed some faces to match voices we had talked to over the last 11 years since I bought the original house here, and became the story of the week in the local gossip groups. The other day when I took Jimmy into the cafe the gossip mill of 10 women sitting over across the room made us the flashing neon headline of the day. Look at that STRANGE MAN sitting over there making like that plaster elf is real and talking to Jim Schaffer. Boy we hope he doesnt buy a house from Jim because we dont think he'd fit in our community. But, they were so outnubered by the people who said welcome, good morning, and waved or offerred rides (they couldn't believe I was walking by choice lol) that the visit was great.

Now tis time to tary no longer and move on. Was going to go to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and the Eye Of The Needle down by Custer in the Southwest corner of the state then head east but it's almost 400 miles and to see all that is another 100 mile loop so 900 miles to get back equal to where I started is $500 in gas so me thinks next spring when I come back may be a better time. Just make the circle go that way rather than up to North Dakota like this time.

A brief stop in Wisconsin to see some Hovercraft friends then Tammy's for a couple days then south. Thats the plan, at least for today.

Adios Leola til next time ,,,,,,,

No comments: