Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Got started on my adventure ,,,,,,,,,,,, almost. 8)

Woke up this morning with a bad case of the what-if's. What if I get stranded in the middle of nowhere, what if I get mugged at a roadside stop, what is I get sick, what if I run out of moola a week before the moola resupply deposit. What if I get lonely and miss my kids and their families. I mean I havent been away from them other than briefly for as long as I can remember sort of like working I've worked every day of my adult life and now ,,, All that stuff, a couple of my daughters have those type of concerns and I think it may have rubbed off on me. Of course now it's gone and I am again excited.

Lots to do and still dont know my time range when I should or could leave. Want to leave sooner than later but dont want to arrive anywhere at an inopportune time. Did get rid of some things today though. Even sold (rent to own) a mobile I needed to deal with so that concern is gone.

Thought it would be cool to travel in my favorite of all toys. Jess didnt take a picture of the trailer behind it but it was cool looking. Even had "on the road again" playing in my ears. The someone reminded me I looked like that guy on Lawnmower man even though I didnt have a mower. However since I live here and it is SLOW I figured it may be snowing before I got through Canada so I did have the snowplow to keep the road open so the trailer wouldn't get stuck.

Since I liked the movie "The Lawnmower Man" I decided why not I'd just be the snowplow man.


So, away I went, Montana here I come. Heck as slow as the lil John Deere is I knew I wouldnt be there at a bad time but should make it by Amanda's Birthday (maybe her 50th ?? LOL)

The trailer turned out to be to much so I had Jessica come get it with the truck and I gave up on my plan and sold my lil John Deere to a senior citizen center here in town. They said I could send him birthday cards, in fact they even said I could come back in the winter and plow the snow for free. So, I may just have to change my plans and come here in the winter and Arizona in the fall or something.

So anyways I sold my favorite toy, my bestest friend. I guess you would have to have been here to grasp how much I liked plowing snow in my little tractor. 8(

So lil tractor gone, one mobile home dealt with, another mobile home sold, corvette gone, new Dodge truck may go tomorrow and other Dodge Truck is sold as of friday so with a garage sale on Saturday, a dump run to get rid of the leftovers. All that may be keeping me here is ,,,,,,,, not really sure.

If I dont sell the new truck I'll be driving it down and buying a camper for it, was thinking about keeping the blue one as it has a long bed and buying a local cabover I like but if I sell both then I'll fly to Missoula and buy an RV.

Did I ever tell a funny story about my trip down there last year? I wanted to look at RV's so I was riding around with my daughter Amanda my gradchildren and her mother. They were going from store to store shopping and im sorry but that doesnt excite me in fact I rather hate it unless of course I'm looking for something I want LOL

Anyway, Amanda pulled into an RV place and said Sammie (my grandaughter who was 7 at the time) and I could go look at RV's if it would shut me up. (Geez she sounded like her parent LOL) So, we did. To shorten the story we looked at a few and stopped in the office while leaving to ask about a couple. The ones I liked were $189k each. WOW, was all I could think. Then Sammie asked about her favorite and it was $ 389k, double or triple WOW. Suddenly Sammie heads for the door, I asked where you going Sam?. She said I am going out to get your checkbook and tell Mommy I'm riding with you. 8)

A good day today, things are selling, getting done and times a coming to hit the road. I am very excited and equally scared because ,,,, well you know ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what if ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,????? 

2 comments:

Dan said...

Darn, I'm gonna miss that little tractor. I just shed a little tear for you.

Ashleigh said...

Dan you just miss it cause now your going to have to shovel our driveway! HAHA.
I am so happy you are finally doing your dream. GOOD FOR YOU!