Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm sitting here drinking some terrible coffee (I made it, trying to get use to trucker coffee since I'll be on the long lost highway soon), listening to Frank Sinatra on the computer, and being sad, excited, scared, worried, and all around amazing.

It still hasnt sunk in that I am moving and hitting the road for an extended period of time. There are those (Jessica, Dan, Ashleigh, Amanda, well dang near everyone that knows me) that say it wont last long and I'll go back to work somewhere, doing something like I did the last time I retired. Cant say thier wrong but am gonna give it a shot. A job repairing remote communication relay sites would be fun. Going everywhere in the RV and then flying by helicopter to camp for a few days while doing maintenance on the station usually located on very remote mountain tops. Heck, they may not even have to pay me, double heck maybe I'd pay them LOL Not very much since I am now a B.U.U.M. translated recently last night at dinner with Dan and Jessica into Butt Ugly Unemployed Man. 8)

It didnt sink in when I mailed $288 worth of boxes to Montana. I hope all those essentials fit in the dang RV. LOL Nor did it sink in when I went to sleep in my now empty (except bed) bedroom, not even when I dismantelled the TV, and Stereo system this morning preparing to move my stuff out to the new owner and Jessica's stuff in. She did take pity on me and said I could keep my room until I left to soften the blow I guess. Jimmy left yesterday for Montana, he's afraid of flying so decided to take the boat route. BTM misses him but we'll all meet up again soon at Amanda, Jason, Taylor, and Sammies place in Missoula.

I'm looking for a program that I can put on this blog, or my webpage, where you can simply click it and get a location of where I am at the time and maybe a history of the last week or month. Then you can think why's that guy just sitting beside that lake, heck there's not even a road in there, for a month. LOL.

I cant decide if I want to reconfigure myself into a;
Survivalist, cammies, combat boots, ponytail, beard, 27 guns and c-rats or perhaps
a hippy, beard, ponytail, unwashed, tye died shirts socks and pants oh yeah and flip flops. How about,
I paint the world is ending and other doom day prophesies all over the outside of the RV, and wear a tinfoil hat, and dress like the aforementioned hippy. Oh yeah and rip out the interior of the RV converting it into a 2x4 and plywood hostel to everyone hitchiking along the roadway.
Cant figure out my new retired, traveling, persona so will just remain "me", whatever that is, for the time being. LOL

Well, Monday Ashleigh & Ruby come home. Danny boy will be one happy hubby and Daddy. Of course he'll miss all that time working in the shed on his toys but he'll like the improvement for sure. I will be happy to see them before I leave. I may not show it a lot outwardly or sit and talk about it all the time but I am sad and will miss those that I am leaving and yet excited to see those I am going to be seeing again. I am looking forward to the new adventure, and what it brings. I know I wont be traveling alone, and will be safe and watched over.

Sometimes I wish someone was going along for company. A few years back Sammy and I drove to Montana when they all moved down there. That was probably the best roadtrip ever. partly because Sammy was along but also because I had someone to say hey look at that, it made me slow down, get out, and enjoy what I was traveling through. Other than my kids, or grandkids I know of no one to be a travel bubby so I will have to learn to slow down and smell the roses along the way, you know the GPS reading that says I've been stationary alongside a remote lake somewhere in the mountains. ya know.

So, soon there will be pictures and a traveling BUUM to keep track of if your of such a mind. Friday July 1, 2001 at 6pm. I board an Alaskan Airline flight to Anchorage, the Chicago's O'hare, then Kansas City Missouri arriveing Saturday about lunch time. Then the new RV, than ,,,,,,,  I am dreading it, yet looking forward to it, with deep sadness, but great excitement, a lot of what if's.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last thing, if you look back on previous posts you'll see where I awoke consumed with what if's, and if you know me and/or my family you'll know that I am referred to at times as Bruce the Moose (a story there LOL). With those two thoughts in mind you'll understand how funny it was that the very evening after awkening with a bad case of what-if's I was at a Bible Study thing and talking to a friend (Jeremy) when I looked down and right there by my elbow was a kids book. "Bruce the Moose and the case of  What-if's" 8)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like whatever your new persona might be it may have a ponytail!! HAVE FUN your friend in Ketchikan.8)>













0