Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not traveling yet but the adventure continues ,,,,,,

Well, here it is ,,,,,,,,,,, ummm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this retirement thing sux ,,,,,,,,, at least when I worked I generally knew what day it was and even occasionally, the date. Lets see it's not payday ,,,,,, don't get any more of those anyway. Awww, I checked the computer, it's Tuesday. Should have known since that's trash day. But that was this morning and seems soooo long ago. 8)

Jessica is going to buy my place. (I think she likes the garage and shop, or feels sorry for good ol Dad LOL) Then I am going to sell hers (took it as a down payment), a yard sale this weekend, selling stuff but people keep saying I want it I'll be back tomorrow and ,,,,,,, ya got it. So still some bigger things for sale.

Spent yesterday with Jeremy replacing the transfer case, and clutch in Jessica's jeep. That was a fun day. It's fun turning wrenches and Jeremy is fun to work around.

Trying to find a slide-in camper for my pickup but having a real hard time (short bed). So may have to drive it south and look around down there. Its frustrating but it'll work out. May choose to trade truck in on a full size RV or bus conversion. See what Jimmy thinks as well as Mr. Checkbook. He's another traveling buddy so see there are three of us.

Got the final check today, was only shorted by 116 hours so we shall see where that one goes. LOL

I got a traveling buddy, so for those that were concerned, I wont be traveling alone. His name is Jimmy, Jessica got to meet him today, Ashleigh has met him but probably doesn't remember, and their Mom has as well but again probably doesn't remember.

Ashleigh went to Arizona for two weeks. She called from Seattle saying the weather down there was expected to be in the  high 90's and low 100's. She hasn't been there since we all moved years and years ago so she is quite acclimatized to Alaska and little Ruby, well, she didn't like Juneau's heat so I am sure they know what biscuits feel like in the oven. I'll be there soon enough traveling around but am shooting for a more temperate time.

Was headed for Montana to be there on Amanda's birthday, but they have no day care early July and the person going at that time cancelled, so I was gonna shoot for that, but heard today they un-cancelled so am back to later in July. Gives me some more time to get things together.

And together they are headed, not speedy like a Roadrunner or a Coyote, but steady like the turtle so, unlike the Hare it will all come together.

Anyway, that's it for today. Thanks for reading. Comments are nice that way I know someone other than Amanda is reading this. LOL

4 comments:

Dan said...

Hey I read it too.

Anonymous said...

Hey at least someone left a comment before me this time. Who is Jimmy???

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

Jimmy, he is my new traveling buddy. Some were worried about an old fart traveling alone so ,,,,, you'll meet him when I get there.

Ashleigh said...

I stopped by!