Thursday, June 23, 2011

The steps are moving along ,,,,,,

Well yesterday I bought a Fleetwood class A motorhome it is only 26 feet long so not some monster. But it has the amenities I wanted to make traveling a bit more comfortable especially those times between bothering people. It's waiting for Jimmy, BTM, and I to come pick er up. 9 more days.

I packed a bunch of stuff today in boxes, feel like I'm moving via USPS. Think Jimmy is going to have to join me and BTM in Missoula, the flying part is scaring him so it'll be just me and BTM the first leg of this new adventure.

Ashleigh and Ruby are in Tucson Arizona and knowing how much I like Wienerschnitzel she sent me pics of the one there and of her and even Ruby Doobie eating one. (Actually I think Ruby was just licking the paper) I asked her to bring me a couple in a tupperware when she comes back but that may be wishful thinking. While I'd have zero issues with eating a day or so old chili dog with cheese, even mushed is ok. I dont think she'd allow herself to be a party to it, but if she does I know what my snack will be that night. LOL


Things are moving along, dreading the USPS bill when I mail the boxes. I have 5 small, 2 med, and 1 large. Someone suggested (dang I keep getting distracted by that hot dog over there LOL)
Anyway, someone suggested that I only pack the essentials since moving by USPS isnt cheap. So I did, not everyone agrees with my essentials but heck I NEEDED the clothes, the 4 new shoes and boots (still have tags on them so ,,) the files, the printer, the 27" flatscreen. all the dvd's, books, you know, the essentials. Need to get another medium box for Jimmys trip though so since sending a half empty one is wasteful I will fill it with more essentials besides he'll feel safer.
Drove up to the Federal Building to take some spices to Jessica that she forgot, Seems tomorrow the cafeteria is headlining Jessica's chili. Pretty cool, When I got home this red Dakota pulled up and said he saw the for sale sign in the new truck and followed me from the hospital. So, maybe ,,,,,,,, would be nice, one more thing out of the slimmer, trimmer, budget. Hey, if I cant become slimmer and trimmer, may as well do it to the budget. 8)
I'll probably lose some friends because the budget got leaner and I didnt, I can think of a couple. LOL

I am leaving Juneau around 6pm Friday July 1 and flying to Kansas City Missouri. Saturday afternoon BTM and I will hit the road in our new (to us) RV heading for Missoula Montana. Stay there awhile then ,,,,,,,, east or west, dont know yet. My brother is in Arizona but thats more of a winter visit and my Mom is in Texas. But Tammy is East and Carri is west. One of them should go to the other so I can go East or West. 8). I am not looking forward to the temps and humidity, but thats what they make A/C for, ask Ashleigh and Ruby they're dealing with triple digit heat.

Next step is dump runs, mailing boxes, helping Jessica move stuff over here, I hope she likes this place I have put a lot of work into it building the garage, shop, sheds, etc, and she has a lot of work helping with sheetrocking the inside. Just didnt want a stranger enjoying all that effort. Then getting ready to hit the skies. Not sure it's quite hit me yet. 8) Probably the first night out of Kansas City when I'm sitting there wondering oh heck, what did I do, is this really ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. 8)

2 comments:

Sherrie Jo said...

Just an FYI, there will be sad people when you leave, but our prayers go with you. Grandma Sherrie

Jessica said...

I wish you could stay......