Thursday, July 21, 2011

Missoula, week 2+


Dont get me wrong, I have a terrible singing voice, cant do lyrics nor play the geetar. However, Sammie had the geetar and tons of encouragement so enjoy the video. LOL
My second week had been planned a while ago. They kids daycare closed for a well deserved vacation and gave plenty of notice so I came down to watch the kiddies and that was my second week. We had fun actually, spent some days hanging out at the house and some days going to parks, stores, etc. The kids really liked the stores part, oh yeah and the park.
After this video both girls were in the kiddie swings so I could push them together. Still a lot of laughing and giggeling but harder to take pic. needed two hands to push.
We took the big box up to the truckstop at crossroads to fill-er with propane, and gas. Had a good ol trucker lunch mine of course was accompanied by Root Beer. Then wallowed our way back home. Sammie and I had packed the box for the short drive and learned a lesson. Things still went bang and crash so I need to learn to do better at that, or buy softer things.

I took this picture of the girls, its a good pic and Taylor is being two and closing her eyes each time I tried. The week was a good one. We went places, did things and all in all had a good time.
The weekend was good had some good cookout then Sunday had a micro-burst tornado rip through the backyard. Ended up with some damaged roof shingles, a lost vent, and the stables barn roof 6 feet from the box on wheels.
That of course was after it bounced off the back fence breaking 12 posts, the only keeping it from lying flat was the wire.  So the week after watching the kiddies I was feeling useless and anxious to be productive so This week I temporarily put the fence up by driving steel posts next to the broken wooden ones and tying them together. At least it stands upright so the dog can go out. I replaced the sagging and broken rail gate with a steel rail gate and repaired the damage to the roof. I am now painting the decks a really nice color that Amanda & Jason plan on using on the trim of the house so now it can all blend together. I am still enjoying the visit with all 4 of the St, Clair's and really enjoying the T-storms which I havent seen in a while and even a baby tornado. Beautiful sunsets and sunrises, beautiful country. But at the same time I miss Juneau tremendously, Jessica, Dan, Ashleigh, & Little Ruby and my shop / garage. I am looking forward to the road again in a couple weeks headed for Marysville Washington for a week or so to visit Carri and her family. Haven't seen them since i was a fed so it has been a long time, then Philomath Oregon to visit an old Friend from Haines and her husband, then points east (Tammy and her family) and then south (My 80 year old Mom and then Arizona to see my brother and maybe an old High School friend and her family. May try to go camp for the winter on the property in western Arizona otherwise I may accept my brotehrs invitation to stay on his place in Douglas.. A fun itinerary with people to see. I was told by an RV dealer that if I drove the ol box 55 - 60 I'd get upwards of 3 - 5 mpg more but it likes 70 really a lot so I either need to fix the cruise control or figure out how to work it as it supposedly works. Or maybe break my ankle so I cant push so hard. LOL

Tomorrow Amanda turns 30. There are plans but she'll read this so they may be posted after the fact.

Til next time. 8)

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Cool!
Don't forget to take good care of yourself. I love and miss you!