Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Missouri to Missoula Montana Day 2

As you can see I picked up a couple accesories to my RV this afternoon. I arrived in Missoula Montana at 2:30pm on Tuesday July 5. After 1,697 miles and about $ 1,000 in gas I am here. To celebrate my arrival we had steak for dinner. Jason is dang good on that BBQ, him and Dan need a cook-off as Dan is dang good too.

So, the girls wanted to see the camper first thing so here are a couple pictures of the inside with my newly acquired models. For those that may not know they are Samantha (8), and Taylor (2).

This picture is the front or living / driving area.



Then the bathroom

The Bedroom

The kitchen

After a good night sleep I left billings this morning. Had a long day driving and so I turned the generator on as well as the A/C and slept very well.

Feeling better than I have for a few days i drove the 300 miles to end the current journey arriving here as i said this afternoon. The drive was very up and down, crossing the continental divide at 6,036 feet then immediately dropping back to the canyon floor The RV did well though the climb was steep and long as was the decent and it handled both very well. No lack of power, no overheating, and the engine kept the speed down on the other side requiring a minimum use of brakes.

The rivers were all high or over thier banks depending where you were. There was a mess on the Yellowstone in Billings from an under river oil pipeline breaking and a mess to clean up with the flooding.

I was happy to get here to see Amanda, Jason, Samantha, and taylor but also for the months break from driving, and free A/C without running the generator. LOL

1 comment:

Dan said...

glad you made it safely. Man I miss those little accesories you got there ;). Miss you too Bruce!