Sunday, July 3, 2011

Missouri to Missoula Montana Day 1

Well, it's 10:45 and I am sitting in Chugwater Wyoming stopped for the night. I was given a gift of a beautiful sunset to close out my day which began at 8 this morning in Kansas.

While driving through Kansas I saw some wind generators. There were hundreds and they covered miles They are quite impressive when you get up to them. And they were turning so slow. I guess it doesn't take much to make them turn and generate electricity.










Kansas was pretty flat then came Colorado where I began climbing to the Mile High City
It was a long climb and even though very gentle you could tell with the increase in gas consumption. But as far as power the ol RV has plenty to spare.

As you can see BTM is still along for the ride. He sits on the dash and acts as the navigator. It was funny the kids Mom called me and asked who Jimmy was then who BTM was. Half way into the question she stopped and said oh, I get it. I asked what did she get and she said as I was asking the question who BTM I realized what it stood for. 8)








I traveled the Purple Heart Highway most of the way through Kansas and Colorado. I thought it pretty cool they had it, also notice the speed limit. Even though the ol RV likes 75 I prefer 65. The gas mileage isnt that good so every little bit helps.

As I came up on Denver in the distance I saw the rockies from the east about 75 miles out. I found Denver to be disappointing actually. It did have a huge Safeway presence there was a beverage plant and a huge trucking facility, I also drove by Coors Field, Home to the Denver Broncos, and a large speedway where I was going to actually stop as they had a race going but there were a bunch of cars so I chose to motor onward, and Northward.
                                                                                                                                                               

As I headed North I was now going "downhill" towards Wyoming. I had to keep letting off the gas as I kept creeping above 75. It was a gorgeous drive and when I rached Chugwater its pretty amazing. Try to get picture tomorrow. The town is at the beginning of a basin between amazing mesa's and bluffs. I missed the exit at first and came back so saw them but it was getting to dark for a pic. so will try as I leave tomorrow.

I like thier Welcome to Wyoming sign too.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Pop, if BTM is your Navigator on the dash she should be facing forward into the future not backwards into the past! Nice pictures! Does the Wyoming sign say "Forever Wild" or "Forever West?" Can't tell from the picture but I think it's west! LOL I am happy to see your trip is going well! At the rate you are going you'll be in Missoula in no time!

I love you and Miss you!!!
*Hugs*

Ashleigh said...

REMEMBER TO SLOW DOWN and ENJOY yourself. Take in the sights don't blow by them.
love you and miss you.