Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Adventure begins ,,,, the trip to pickup RV

Well, today is Saturday July 2 and I sit in a restuarant in Chicago's O'Hare Airport with BTM. I just finished a nice breakfast of 3 eggs, bacon, potatoes, milk and toast for less than $9 and it was good. While I was enjoying my first food since yesterdays goodbye lunch at Bullwinkles with Dan & Ashleigh, Ruby and Jessica BTM was checking the departure gate and times for out next leg to Kansas City Missouri where we will get the new RV.
As I mentioned Dan, Ashleigh, Ruby, and Jessica joined me yesterday at the downtown Bullwinkles for a goodbye lunch. Jessica paid and everyone had a nice visit and some good pizza except maybe Ruby who had shots the day before so slept through it all.

All week I had been concerned because my cashiers check which I mailed to Missouri to pay for the RV had not arrived. And I had decided to put the money together today before I left to pay cash and hope the best for the check. On the way home from Bullwinkles Jessica suggested we check the mail. Ashleigh got a box which contained shattered pyrex bowls she had mailed from her recent trip to Tucson and I received a Priority Mail envelope.

Ashleigh was quite upset about her bowls and they weren't just broken they were shattered and obviously were thrown not just dropped. She has the pics on her blog which can be reached from here. It is called Ewing.

 My envelope contained the crushed box that I had mailed my check in minus the check. Oh yeah and a letter saying that the enclosed package may be empty. LOL

After iitially being upset I figured I was already taking the cash anyway so, nothing really changed except I now knew the check was lost so I needed to swing by the bank and get a stop payment on it.

Jessica had a brain storm and suggested we see if they could also re-issue the check since we had all the proof that it was gone. Long story short, they placed a stop payment on the original check and also re-issued a new one so my beginning just got much better.

We all hung out at Ashleigh & Dan's for awhile, said goodbye there then Jessica gave me a ride to the airport where I caught a flight to Anchorage.
After btm checked flights and stuff we caught the red eye to Chicago. I think I got the worse seat Alaska Airlines had. But maybe I was tired since I had been up since 4. I couldnt sleep and arrived in Chicago at 8 a.m. tired and hungry since I hadnt eaten since Bullwinkles

Now we wait a couple hours then a flight to K.C. Missouri and then the adventure begins. LOL

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

YAY, your almost there! Sorry about the horrible seat on the plane, but I am pretty sure all of them are equally horrible.
You should test out the bed in the motor home for a few hours before you hit the road.
Love you and miss you!

Jessica said...

Glad you made it and even more glad that there was actually an RV as I know that was one of your fears!! =) It was nice talking to you! Glad that Bruce the Moose "BTM" was there to check your flight status and keep you company! Hope you get some sleep before you hit the road for a long haul! Love and Miss you!!

Dan said...

Yes, glad there was an RV waiting for you. I miss you Bruce!!