Friday, July 22, 2011

My new tow behind

I discovered that one bad thing about big boxes on wheels is when you get where you want to stay it is a pain to run to the store and you cant explore.

As much as I appreciate being able to use Amandas car while visiting I realized that may not be the case everywhere i go, besides i dont like borrowing cars. Besides what if i found a spot in the woods or somewhere so i figured i needed something to tow behind the big box. Something fun, can go wherever I may want to, towable (meaning a manual transmission) gets better mileage than the box (thats actually an easy one) and I would like to drive.

I decided a Jeep would do the trick. Jessica has one and i liked it so ,,,,,, why not. Today I bought (pickup on Monday from Dealer) A 1984 CJ7 Jeep. its not only the same year as my box but the same color, now that in itself is a "sign" right? So, see what you think ,,
Dont like the side view, looks to typical, nothing special?
The front appeal more to the rough and ready crowd? Notice the winch? How about the Hi-lift jack for those times when you get stuck. A not so funny story from years ago about one of those jacks. At the time I laughed but later realized it hurt someone I cared about and I should not have laughed. One day the kids Mom was driving our Blazer and had a flat. She came to me for help because she couldnt loosen the lug nuts, so i went up there on the freeway. The jack we had was a high lift because the Blazer was kinda high. She was jacking it up on the left front bumper while I loosened the nuts when it slipped and the handle smacked her in the face. Like a young stupid male I laughed and she hurt but luckily was not really hurt bad. You cant see it in the pics but it has a towbar and a bimini top. Thats a cloth 1/2 top for those sunny days. LOL

Well there's my yeep. Of course it will carry Alaska Plates. Oh and FYI Jimmy made it fine and is currently sitting on the deck with BTM and BTM Jr. watching me type.

Til next time ,,,,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI BRUCE IT IS JEREMY IN KETCHIKAN! NICE MINI BOX TO GO WITH YOUR BIG BOX. I ENJOY READING ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES. IF YOU EVER GIT STUCK IN KETCHIKAN GIVE ME A CALL:)

Ashleigh said...

Nice new ride. Who is BTW Jr. a new tag along?
Love you a million times a million, and miss you a whole heck of a lot.

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

Good talking to you guys. That Skypes pretty cool. Have to do it when Rubys awake next time. 8)